Do you ever wish that you had a perfect Hollywood smile? If so, you need to learn about porcelain veneers, a popular cosmetic treatment that is able to eliminate a number of aesthetic dental flaws, including discolorations, minor gaps, and physical defects. Here at Dr. Kris O’Neill's dental office in Columbia, SC, we provide veneers to give patients' outstanding smiles that they are proud to show off—read on to learn more!
What are veneers?
Veneers are thin laminates, typically made of porcelain, that are cemented on to the front surfaces of your teeth. Porcelain is the perfect material for dental veneers because it is strong, long-lasting, and light-reflective (a quality that allows the restorations to blend naturally into your smile).
What kind of dental problems are treated with veneers?
Dental veneers are one of the most versatile dental treatments available today because they can hide a number of aesthetic issues with your teeth, including:
- Blotches and discolorations from genetics or medications
- Broken tooth structure from trauma or decay
- Yellowing and dullness from aging or lifestyle habits
- Cracked or fractured teeth from trauma or an accident
- Tooth wear, erosion, and abrasion from lifestyle habits or aging
In some cases, veneers can even hide small gaps or spaces between your teeth, making your smile appear straighter.
What benefits can I expect from veneers?
When you choose dental veneers, you choose a conservative treatment, for little-to-no tooth surface is removed during treatment—just enough to compensate for the thickness of the veneers. In addition to conserving tooth structure, veneers also provide:
- Natural beauty, because porcelain veneers look just like your natural teeth, only better!
- Long-lasting results, because porcelain resists stains, so your new veneers will stay beautiful for years
- Quick treatment, because you can have a completely new smile in as little as 2 to 3 appointments
Interested? Contact us
To find out more about the veneer process and how the treatment can help your smile, call Dr. Kris O’Neill in Columbia, SC. Dial (803) 988-1070 today and get started on your new spectacular smile!